We’ve developed a first pass of a new video player for SpokenMedia that integrates video playback and transcript display. (Well, ok we did this in late-December and initially demo’d this in January with IIHS.)
Our goals with the player development:
- Play multiple videos on the same page
- Highlight the phrase corresponding to relevant point in the video
- Be able to switch between multiple audio tracks (if they are available)
- Be able to switch between transcripts in multiple languages (if they are available)
- Be able to search through a transcript, and play the video by clicking on the search result
- Be able to open source the player
- Include the OEIT logo
We worked with a great developer, Ryan Lee at voccs.com, to develop the player.
We used the player as part of our demo for the Indian Institute for Human Settlements.